The Buddha said:
This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds
To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance.
A lifetime is like a flash of lightning in the sky,
Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain.

THE ONLY THING WE REALLY HAVE IS NOWNESS, IS NOW.

What the caterpillar perceives as the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning.

Sunday, 6 January 2008

India, Day 9 - Morning walk, Camp 2

Sunday 6th January 2008

On Sunday I woke up early and went for a walk by myself around the settlement.














As I turned left into a narrow unpaved street, I saw lots of Tibetans eagerly waiting for something. They obviously knew something us Westerners didn't. Something was definitely going on.  I decided to join them for a little while, and soon the Dalai Lama slowly drove past me on his way to Jangchub Choeling Nunnery to consecrate their prayer hall.

I continued strolling around Camp 2, watching all the Tibetans going back to wherever they had come from...









I arrived at Gyakham Khangtsen on time for breakfast, and decided to walk to camp 3 with Alan afterwards.

Continues here.

No comments:

Post a Comment