The Buddha said:
This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds
To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance.
A lifetime is like a flash of lightning in the sky,
Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain.

THE ONLY THING WE REALLY HAVE IS NOWNESS, IS NOW.

What the caterpillar perceives as the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning.

Wednesday, 9 January 2008

India, Day 12 - Dreams, Initiation, Invitation

9th January

I followed the directions. That night I dreamt I was walking along a road with a group of Tibetan monks when I noticed a street party, with people dancing outdoors. Attracted by the music, I left the monks and joined the dancers. I then saw myself dancing with someone, a man, and I'm obviously in love with him. 

I woke up feeling disappointed, and slightly concerned with the unexpected turn of events. There were some moments of lucid dreaming, because I remember how excited I felt when I saw myself walking alongside the monks, and thinking what a good omen that was. What was I to make of it? The significance of this dream only made itself clear a few years later, when I discovered Biodanza.


Wednesday 9th January
Thirteen-deity Yamantaka empowerment.
Discussing future.
[Alan's diary]

His Holiness gave the empowerment of the thirteen-deity Yamantaka. I gathered, from the dream, that I should merely take it as a blessing. 

By then the heat and dust were getting to me, and I could feel that I was coming down with something. That afternoon, another suprising event.

"You, and you," said Geshe-la, pointing towards Alan and I. "Come with me to Ganden Monastery tomorrow afternoon." 

Out of the 26 Westerners staying at Gya House, he chose to invite just the 2 of us. I felt honoured. Honoured and somewhat shy...

Continues here.

No comments:

Post a Comment